- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups half & half creamer
- 3/4 cup low cholesterol egg product
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- Combine the half & half creamer, egg product, sugar, rum extract and pumpkin pie spice in a chilled blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour into 6 small glasses. Top each serving with a tablespoon of whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Rum extract may be replaced with 2 tablespoons rum, if desired. Always check with your doctor before including alcohol in your diet.
- Replace sugar with low-calorie sweetener to decrease carbohydrate to 4 grams and calories to 125 per serving.
- Check half & half ingredients and avoid brands with phosphate additives.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 78 mg
Potassium 149 mg
Phosphorus 83 mg
Calcium 99 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 milk
- 1 fat
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register