Strawberry High-Protein Fruit Smoothie
1 cup, approximately (egg whites increase volume slightly)
- Higher Potassium
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup liquid pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
- Pasteurized liquid egg white is safe to consume without cooking.
- If substituting frozen fruit add 1/4 cup water instead of the 1/2 cup ice. The degree of “frozenness” will determine how much your blender will be able to take. It will also give a more “soft serve” consistency than a smoothie, which is great in the warmer season.
- Adjust sugar or low calorie sweetener to taste.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Judy from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 14 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 49 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 2.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register