Watermelon Summer Cooler
3/4 cup (6 ounces)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small watermelon wedges for garnish
- Place all ingredients except garnish wedges in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour into 2 small glasses, garnish with wedges and enjoy!
- Watermelons vary in sweetness. Adjust by adding more sweetener if needed.
- For fluid restricted diets, enjoy a serving of Watermelon Summer Cooler now and freeze one serving for later. Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- If sugar substitute is used instead of sugar, the carbohydrate is reduced to 6 grams and 26 calories per 6 ounce serving.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian MaryAnn from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1 mg
Potassium 96 mg
Phosphorus 9 mg
Calcium 6 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register