- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 2 large ripe bananas (about 8” long)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a muffin pan with paper or silicon liners.
- Peel bananas and mash with a fork.
- In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients except chocolate chips together until incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack; remove muffins from the pan and enjoy.
- These muffins are best for kidney patients who do not need a potassium restricted diet since the banana, peanut butter and chocolate are high in potassium.
- If you use a reduced-fat peanut butter if will add approximately 5 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
- This muffin is a good protein snack. Ask your dietitian if you need to add a phosphate binder if prescribed.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 167 mg
Potassium 247 mg
Phosphorus 102 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Alissa from Colorado.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
24 servings SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register