- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened, dried, shredded coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Set butter out to soften.
- Warm coconut oil in microwave until just melted. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add coconut oil and eggs; stir together. Mix in sour cream. Add shredded coconut to mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until bread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 5 to 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- If desired add 1/2 cup of diced or crushed pineapple.
- Wrap some of the bread slices in freezer wrap and freeze for a quick snack later.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 204 mg
Potassium 82 mg
Phosphorus 73 mg
Calcium 61 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high-calorie
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Tara from Michigan
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register