- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips, mixing until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Distribute batter evenly into 12 muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until centers are firm and starting to crack. Cool for 15 minutes and enjoy.
- If you prefer use reduced-fat peanut butter. This change adds approximately 5 grams of carbohydrate and lowers fat by 3 grams per serving.
- These muffins are a tasty way to add extra protein in a snack or meal.
- Peanut butter adds more potassium and phosphorus but is a great source of protein. Ask your dietitian if you need to add a phosphate binder when you eat this muffin for a snack.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 168 mg
Potassium 197 mg
Phosphorus 98 mg
Calcium 32 mg
Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 high calorie
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Alessa from Nebraska.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register