5 pizza doughs
1/5th of dough for 1 pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (0.25 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 pinch of sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the water, yeast and a pinch of sugar; stir gently. Let mixture sit for a few minutes to activate (it will bubble).
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil; stir well. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture; stir well.
- Knead the dough. Use a mixer with a dough attachment or knead on a floured surface until smooth and easily stretched. Oil the bottom and sides of a bowl and lay the dough inside. Loosely cover the bowl with a dish towel or paper towel.
- Place the covered bowl on the stovetop and let the dough rise until double in size for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Punch the dough down and divide it into 5 equal parts.
- Roll out each piece of pizza dough into a 10-inch circle or rectangular shape to prepare for pizza toppings.
- If you are making only 1 pizza you can refrigerate the extra dough for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Freeze each part in a separate freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use.
- Roll each pizza dough into 10-inch round or rectangular shape to make 3 to 4 servings of pizza with toppings.
- Nutrient analysis is for 1 pizza dough divided into 5 servings. The actual amount may vary depending on how many servings are in your pizza.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Amie from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Potassium 37 mg
Phosphorus 36 mg
Calcium 6 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Added Sugar 3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register