- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 1% low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sweet onion
- 1 large apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Peel and core apple. Thinly slice apple and onion.
- Beat eggs with milk, water and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a small, ovenproof skillet.
- Add onion and apple to the skillet and sauté until onion becomes translucent, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Spread out the onion and apple mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the skillet and cook over medium heat until the edges begin to set. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the center is firmly set, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut omelet in half and slide each half onto an individual plate. Serve immediately.
- Walla Walla sweet onion recommend if available.
- Jonagold, Gala or McIntosh are the best apple varieties for this recipe.
Nutrients per serving
Added Sugar 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Brenda from Washington.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register