Asparagus Cauliflower Tortilla
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place asparagus and cauliflower pieces plus 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-proof, covered dish. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes to steam until tender crisp.
- Sauté the onion until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the asparagus, cauliflower, egg substitute, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cook covered until set and browned on bottom, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a knife and invert onto a warm platter or serve directly from skillet.
- In Spain and South America, a tortilla is a round, unfolded omelet typically made with eggs, vegetables and seasonings. In comparison, the Mexican tortilla is thin, flat bread made from wheat flour or ground corn.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Cindy from Wisconsin.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 248 mg
Potassium 472 mg
Phosphorus 97 mg
Calcium 68 mg
Fiber 3.88 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register