1/2 bagel with 1 egg and 1 ounce salmon
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 bagel
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 slice tomato
- 4 pieces arugula
- 1 large egg
- 1 ounce cooked salmon
- Slice the bagel in half and toast one half in a toaster or oven.
- Chop the scallions, dill and basil leaves. Mix with the cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toasted bagel half then top with arugula and tomato slice.
- Heat a frying pan, spray with nonstick spray and scramble the egg.
- Reheat the salmon in the same frying pan while egg is cooking.
- Place the egg and salmon on top of the tomato slice. Enjoy!
- This is a great way to use up leftover salmon the day after cooking.
- Bagel choices include plain, egg, rye, pumpernickel, onion or wheat.
- Nutrient analysis based on 1/2 of a 4-ounce bagel. For a lower carb sandwich select a 2-ounce bagel.
- Arugula can be replaced with fresh spinach leaves, lettuce or micro-greens.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 218 mg
Sodium 378 mg
Potassium 338 mg
Phosphorus 270 mg
Calcium 77 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 low-potassium vegetable
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Nicole from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register