- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup diced peaches, fresh, canned or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare an 8 x 8-inch baking pan by greasing with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt the butter.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, almond milk, eggs, brown sugar, butter, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the blueberries and undrained diced peaches and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until set.
- Cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Baked squares can be frozen for a quick and easy breakfast. Heat in the microwave for a minute or until heated.
- For a low sugar version replace brown sugar with low-calorie sweetener and use fresh peaches. Carbohydrates are reduced to 24 grams per serving.
- For extra sweetness and calories use peaches canned in syrup and sweetened almond milk.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 173 mg
Potassium 212 mg
Phosphorus 152 mg
Calcium 168 mg
Fiber 3.5 g
Added Sugar 12
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high-calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Robin from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register