1 egg cup
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 slices low-sodium bacon
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1/3 cup bell pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers. Dice vegetables.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon and combine with diced vegetables in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Leave 1/4 inch at the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are firm.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- Freeze egg cups and reheat for a quick breakfast entrée.
- Increase portion to 2 muffins for a higher protein breakfast.
- Do not use foil muffin wrappers for this recipe.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 212 mg
Sodium 78 mg
Potassium 92 mg
Phosphorus 101 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jessica from Kansas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register