Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 medium strawberries
- 5 raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Fiber One® cereal
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut
- Place blueberries in a blender and blend on low for 1 minute.
- Add protein powder, yogurt and almond milk. Blend to a soft-serve consistency. Scrape sides of blender as needed.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl.
- Top with sliced strawberries, fresh raspberries, high fiber cereal and coconut flakes. Add honey or sweetener of choice if desired.
- Start your day with this high fiber, healthy smoothie in a bowl.
- If you are on a low potassium plan this recipe provides less than 25% of your daily potassium allowance for a 2000 mg potassium diet.
- If you are limiting protein you can leave out the protein powder. Protein is reduced to 7 grams.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Allison from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 118 mg
Potassium 370 mg
Phosphorus 174 mg
Calcium 240 mg
Fiber 7.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 milk
- 1 meat
- 2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register