- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Ortega green chiles, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- Spray a medium-size skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with green chiles, cumin and hot sauce. Pour eggs into skillet and cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until eggs are done.
- Heat tortillas for 20 seconds in microwave or in separate skillet over medium heat. Place half the egg mixture on each tortilla and roll up burrito style.
- Burritos freeze and reheat well. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. To reheat burrito remove from plastic, place on microwave-safe plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave 1 to 2 minutes.
- Tortillas, salsa and hot pepper sauces vary greatly in sodium content. Compare nutrition labels on brands and select the ones lowest in sodium.
- Low cholesterol egg substitute may be substituted for whole eggs. Cholesterol is 0 mg if egg substitute is used.
- May use 1 tablespoon of salsa per burrito. If does add sodium so look for brands that are lower sodium or make a homemade salsa.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 372 mg
Sodium 594 mg
Potassium 245 mg
Phosphorus 300 mg
Calcium 117 mg
Fiber 2.5 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register