- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 ounces unsalted large size tortilla chips (about 30 chips)
- 1 small green bell pepper (or orange, red)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut bell pepper into thin strips. Dice red onion. Chop tomatoes and cilantro. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- To make pico de gallo, combine chopped tomato, onion and cilantro in a small bowl. Squeeze juice from one lime on top and stir.
- To make crema, place sour cream in a bowl and add juice of one lime. Whisk together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla chips in one layer on baking sheet. Top chips with dried seasonings, bell pepper and shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- While chips are baking, heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and scramble in pan; set aside.
- Remove chips from the oven and top with scrambled egg, chopped bacon, pico de gallo, drizzle of crema and additional sprinkle of cilantro. Enjoy!
- Elyse chooses Garden of Eatin’® unsalted corn chips.
- This nachos recipe is perfect for a breakfast brunch.
- For more heat, substitute Monterey jack pepper cheese for cheddar cheese.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 150 mg
Sodium 195 mg
Potassium 260 mg
Phosphorus 193 mg
Calcium 159 mg
Fiber 2.3 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register