- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté vegetables with garlic in butter/oil mixture until crisp-tender.
- Whip eggs, egg whites and milk until light and fluffy. Mix in cumin and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sautéed vegetables.
- Reduce heat and cover for 1 to 2 minutes. Uncover and lift edges of omelet, allowing uncooked egg to run to the bottom of the pan.
- After egg is completely cooked, fold omelet over in pan.
- Divide omelet into 2 portions and serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion and a mushroom slice.
- Serve omelet with a bagel, cream cheese, fresh mixed berries and hot tea.
- For a lower fat omelet, sauté vegetables in a nonstick skillet using cooking spray instead of oil and butter.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 203 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Potassium 247 mg
Phosphorus 148 mg
Calcium 81 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Janie from Illinois.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register