two 4″ pancakes
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs (lightly beaten), flour and melted butter.
- Spray griddle or frying pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium to high heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle to form pancakes (about 4" in diameter).
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes until the undersides are lightly browned, then turn to brown other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a heated platter.
- Continue to make pancakes with the remaining batter.
- Top each serving of pancakes with 1/2 cup sliced strawberries.
- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or canned peaches also make a great substitution for strawberries.
- Pancakes can also be topped with sugar-free or regular jam or pancake syrup or whipped topping.
- You can flick water across the griddle or frying pan surface, and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready for the pancake batter.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 182 mg
Sodium 172 mg
Potassium 217 mg
Phosphorus 159 mg
Calcium 64 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Angie from Colorado.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register