1 cup creamed eggs + 1 slice toast
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thick slices white bread
- Hard boil the eggs for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and cover with cool water. Peel and chop boiled eggs and set aside.
- Combine the butter and flour in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir constantly until well combined.
- Add the almond milk, mustard, cream cheese and pepper to butter and flour mixture. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add the eggs to the sauce and keep over warm heat.
- Toast the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over toast and serve.
- Add dry dill or garlic powder for more flavor if desired.
- Look for bread with the least amount of sodium per slice.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 29 g
Cholesterol 330 mg
Sodium 402 mg
Potassium 250 mg
Phosphorus 212 mg
Calcium 226 mg
Fiber 1.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 4 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Amie from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register