Crepes with Cookie Butter and Strawberries
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cookie butter
- 1-1/4 cups whipped cream
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- In a blender combine the flour, eggs, sugar and almond milk. Blend until smooth and no lumps remain. Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter in the skillet. Pick up the skillet and roll the batter around until it fills the bottom. The crepe will be very thin.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cookie butter down the middle of the crepe. Lay 1/4 cup of strawberries over the cookie butter and roll or fold the crepe over the berries. Top with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.
- Cookie butter is much lower in phosphorus and potassium than nut butters.
- Spray whipped cream works well with this recipe. If using frozen whipped cream, be sure to check labels for phosphorus additives.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Potassium 132 mg
Phosphorus 59 mg
Calcium 108 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Added Sugar 5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register