Egg in a Hole
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium strawberry
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the center out of the slice of bread to toast.
- Spray both sides of bread and center cut-out circle with olive oil cooking spray.
- Heat a medium skillet and place both pieces of the cut bread in skillet. Break egg into center “hole” of cut-out portion. Season with lemon pepper.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and flip over to cook other side. Also, flip the cut-out circle of bread to toast on each side.
- Sprinkle egg with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve egg and toasted bread with a fresh strawberry garnish.
- Bread choices include white, wheat, sourdough or rye.
- Change the cookie cutter to fit the occasion or holiday.
- This offers a quick breakfast, which cooks the egg and toast together. My mother-in-law had eight children and this was their favorite family breakfast for the large family.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Colleen from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 213 mg
Sodium 266 mg
Potassium 122 mg
Phosphorus 137 mg
Calcium 85 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register