- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Finely dice bell peppers and onion.
- In a bowl combine pork, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning to make sausage.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage crumbles until done; drain.
- Beat eggs together with the milk or milk substitute and salt.
- Add the sausage crumbles and vegetables; mix.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tins, leaving space for muffins to rise. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Freeze extra muffins and reheat for 30-40 seconds in the microwave for a quick breakfast entree.
- Try Homemade Sausage or Homemade Turkey Sausage from the DaVita.com recipe collection to replace the sausage mixture.
- A regular size muffin tin cup holds 3-1/2 ounces. Use a smaller muffin tin if desired, but reduce the cooking time.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christine from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 230 mg
Sodium 155 mg
Potassium 200 mg
Phosphorus 154 mg
Calcium 37 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register