1 tortilla, 1 egg, 1/4 cup red chile sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup red chile sauce
- Chop the onion and bell pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet and crisp the tortillas for about a minute on each side or until they start to brown. Set aside on paper towels to drain.
In the same skillet, sauté the onion and bell pepper until soft. (Add additional oil if needed.) Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet and cook eggs over easy.
- Place one crisp tortilla on each plate and top with egg and sautéed vegetables.
- Serve with red chile sauce.
- Crisp tortillas are available at the grocery store.
- To reduce fat in this recipe, crisp the tortillas in the oven and use a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray to prepare eggs.
- Make the Chile Colorado Sauce (Basic Red Chili Sauce) recipe on DaVita.com to serve with this recipe.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Maria from Arizona
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 23 g
Cholesterol 186 mg
Sodium 146 mg
Potassium 342 mg
Phosphorus 200 mg
Fiber 3.7 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable,medium potassium
- 4 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register