- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- Slice tortillas into 1 to 2-inch strips. Chop the green onions and bell pepper half.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium to medium-high heat.
- Sauté tortilla strips in oil until lightly browned.
- Add onions and bell pepper; sauté with tortillas until softened, around 2 minutes.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and pour over the tortilla mixture.
- Cook eggs to desired consistency.
- Add pepper to taste and top with salsa verde. Enjoy!
- Try the DaVita.com low sodium Salsa Verde to serve with Migas. If using commercially prepared salsa verde look for the brand lowest in sodium.
- For a higher protein breakfast add extra egg whites.
- If desired, add chopped onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic or cilantro for extra flavor.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Amber from Texas
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 248 mg
Sodium 140 mg
Potassium 263 mg
Phosphorus 257 mg
Calcium 110 mg
Fiber 2.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register