Mushroom & Red Pepper Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup raw mushroom pieces
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1/4 cup canned sweet red peppers
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the mushrooms, onion and red peppers.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion; sauté 5 minutes until onion is tender. Stir in diced red pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining teaspoon of butter in the skillet. Beat eggs with Worcestershire sauce and cook over medium heat. Cook the omelet evenly by shaking the pan and gently lifting edges to allow uncooked egg to run underneath cooked egg.
- When eggs are partially cooked, top with vegetable mixture. Place dollops of whipped cream cheese over vegetables. Continue cooking until eggs are set.
- Remove the skillet from heat and fold omelet in half. Sprinkle with pepper. Divide into two portions and serve.
- Sautéed onion will appear transparent but not brown when cooked.
- Compare sodium content on bottled or canned red peppers.
- Reduce fat and cholesterol by using nonstick cooking spray or a nonstick skillet, trans-fat free margarine instead of butter and liquid low cholesterol egg substitute instead of whole eggs.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 341 mg
Sodium 276 mg
Potassium 228 mg
Phosphorus 167 mg
Calcium 55 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 fat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register