No-Bake Peanutty Oat Bars
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 2 cups rolled oats, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 5 x 7-inch or 8-inch square baking dish with wax or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix protein powder, peanut butter and agave nectar; stir until smooth.
- Mix the oats with peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Pat mixture evenly into lined baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and pat down evenly. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut into 5 sections then in half for 10 bars. If desired, wrap each bar in plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat or carry on the go.
- Honey may be substituted for agave syrup.
- You may substitute almond butter for peanut butter but may need to add an additional tablespoon of almond butter or agave nectar/honey for the mixture to stick together
- Substitute dried cranberries or cherries for chocolate chips.
- Vanilla or unflavored protein powder can be used.
- The amounts of peanut butter and chocolate chips used in this bar are acceptable for a kidney diet.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Nicole from Virginia
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Potassium 173 mg
Phosphorus 120 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat (protein)
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high-calorie
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register