Omelet with Summer Vegetables
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon Extra Spicy Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 ounce low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, zucchini and onions to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat a 10” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine water, pepper (or Mrs. Dash®), egg whites and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook until edges begin to set (about 2 minutes). Gently lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula, tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to come into contact with the pan.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto half of omelet, sprinkle cheese over vegetable mixture. Loosen omelet with a spatula and fold in half. Cook 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. Carefully slide omelet onto a plate.
- Substitute any variety of Mrs, Dash seasoning or black pepper if you do not like spicy seasonong.
- For those following a CKD non-dialysis diet: This higher protein recipe may be appropriate for your diet if the portion size were adjusted to reduce protein content. Adjustments should be based on your individual protein prescription. Check with your dietitian if you are unsure.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Phyllis from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 215 mg
Sodium 270 mg
Potassium 352 mg
Phosphorus 218 mg
Calcium 165 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register