Overnight Oats with Pears and Spice
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1/2 fresh medium pear
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- Dice the pear half.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and stir well. Refrigerate overnight.
- Ready to eat the next day. You can take your breakfast on-the-go. Heating is not necessary. Add sweetener if desired.
- Prepare a few jars at a time for quick breakfasts all week.
- If you desire a crunchy texture use fresh pears and add them in the morning. Instead of fresh pears you can substitute a fruit cup of diced pears (drained) or other low potassium fruits such as apple, berries, cherries or peach.
- The soaking of the oats overnight acts as “cooking”. If warm oatmeal is preferred microwave the jar for 1-2 minutes before eating.
- If you have CKD and are not on dialysis do not use the optional protein powder.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Karol from Florida
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 129 mg
Potassium 377 mg
Phosphorus 150 mg
Calcium 252 mg
Fiber 6.2 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 protein (meat)
- 1 starch
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register