- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 5 scallions
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Finely chop the scallions and set aside.
- Thoroughly mix flour and cornstarch in a bowl. Using a fork, mix in the boiling water. Add the cold water and mix with your hands until all the flour is incorporated.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Coat hands with flour to prevent dough from sticking and shape the dough into a long rope. Cut into 8 pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll one piece of dough as thin as possible. Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the scallions.
- Roll up jellyroll style. Coil the roll like a cinnamon bun. Roll out the bun until 1/4-in thick.
- Repeat with the other pieces of dough.
- Heat the canola oil on medium-high heat in a nonstick pan (or use cooking spray). Fry each pancake, about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until the dough puffs up a little and becomes crispy.
- One scallion yields approximately 2 tablespoons when trimmed and chopped.
- Top with siracha chili sauce or dip in a low-sodium sweet chili sauce.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from California
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 55 mg
Phosphorus 34 mg
Calcium 12 mg
Fiber 1 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register