Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats
1 jar of oats
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, dry
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 medium strawberries
- In a small bowl mix the oats, protein powder, chia seeds and almond milk together until well combined.
- Pour oat mixture into a 12 ounce mason jar (or other portable container). Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice the strawberries and add to oats before eating. Add sweetener of choice as desired.
- Use a glass jar (or other portable container) to take this meal on the go.
- Use different low potassium fruits such as apple, blueberries or peaches for variety.
- If you have CKD and are not yet on dialysis, do not use the optional protein powder and see next helpful hint.
- If you do not use the protein powder, decrease milk substitute to 1/2 cup.
- Try this recipe with coconut, rice, soy or other milk substitutes. Look brands that do not contain phosphate additives.
- Look for oats marked gluten-free.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shireen from Washington
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 154 mg
Potassium 420 mg
Phosphorus 236 mg
Calcium 397 mg
Fiber 6.4 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat (protein)
- 2 starch
- 1/2 low-potassium fruit
- 1 milk substitute
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register