- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork or beef
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg, onion, garlic, green chili peppers, cilantro, vinegar, chili powder, salt and ground red pepper.
- Add the ground pork or beef and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into eight equal-sized patties.
- Put a small amount of oil in skillet and preheat over medium heat. Place the patties in the skillet and cook about 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Turn once when patties are about half cooked.
- Wrap uncooked patties in plastic wrap and freeze until later.
- Recipe works well with ground pork, beef, or a combination of each.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Cheryl from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 65 mg
Potassium 105 mg
Phosphorus 64 mg
Calcium 11 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register