Valentine’s Breakfast Eggs
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 corn tortilla 6” size
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices of tomato, each slice 1/4” thick, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place corn tortilla in the microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Crush tortilla into pieces, the size of chips.
- Combine eggs and egg whites; scramble soft and set aside.
- Put oil in a pan on medium heat and when hot, add onions and sauté 1 minute.
- Add tortilla, tomato and eggs.
- Stir until eggs are done. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Each microwave gives different cooking times, but you will know the corn tortilla is done when it smells like popcorn cooking.
- Use 6 unsalted corn tortilla chips as a short cut.
- Corn tortillas are high in phosphorus compared to flour tortillas or white bread. Limit corn tortillas to help reduce phosphorus, especially if your lab values have been higher than the normal range.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Susan from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 165 mg
Sodium 115 mg
Potassium 222 mg
Phosphorus 147 mg
Calcium 64 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 starch
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register