Baked Chicken with Rice Stuffing
4 ounces chicken and 1/3 cup rice
- 4 pound whole roasting chicken
- 2/3 cups parboiled rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse chicken and remove giblets from inside cavity. Pat dry with paper towel and rub chicken with oil.
- In a medium bowl combine rice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, black pepper, bell pepper, scallions, pineapple and pineapple juice. Spoon mixture into cavity of chicken to stuff.
- Place chicken breast side up in a roasting pan or Dutch oven. Cook uncovered for 1-1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 180-185° F. Rice stuffing should reach at least 165° F. Let chicken rest 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon rice stuffing from chicken cavity and place on a serving platter. Cut chicken into pieces, add to platter and serve.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 118 mg
Potassium 344 mg
Phosphorus 220 mg
Calcium 23 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register