Chicken and Summer Vegetable Kebabs
1 large kebab or 2 small kebabs
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- To make the marinade, measure the peach jam into a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 10 to 15 seconds to liquefy. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces and place in a zip-top bag.
- Add 3 tablespoons marinade to the chicken pieces. (Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade to use on vegetables.) Seal the zip-top bag and refrigerate to marinate.
- Cut the vegetables into even bite-sized pieces for the kebabs (zucchini-8 slices; yellow squash-8 slices; red pepper-16 pieces; onion-varies). Place them in a medium bowl and add reserved marinade. Stir to coat the vegetable pieces.
- Thread the vegetables and chicken pieces onto skewers (4 large or 8 small skewers).
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Place the skewers on the grill and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the skewers 2 or 3 times to cook evenly.
- To prevent the kebabs from sticking to the grill, use tongs to wipe grates with an oily paper towel before placing the kebabs on grill.
- For a lower or higher protein diet decrease or increase the amount of chicken.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Potassium 456 mg
Phosphorus 194 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 1.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register