Chicken Fajitas with Pineapple Salsa
2 fajitas and 2 tablespoons salsa
- 8 flour tortillas, 6" size
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Salsa (see recipe under Sauces and Seasonings)
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Wrap tortillas in foil; heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken breats into 1" strips.
- Place oil in nonstick frying pan over medium heat; add chicken, seasonings and lemon juice. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onion to frying pan; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink and juice run clear. Add cilantro to chicken mixture.
- Divide chicken mixture between tortillas; fold tortillas over. Serve each with 1 tablespoon of pineapple salsa.
- One serving makes a complete meal.
- Nutritional information is for 2 fajitas plus 2 tablespoons pineapples salsa.
- Adjust the amount of chicken to match your meal plan for a lower or higher protein diet.
Submitted by: Recipe from “Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook” by Sara Colman, RD, CSR, CDE and Dorothy Gordon, RN. Recipe modified and submitted by DaVita dietitian Heather from Georgia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 41 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 286 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 202 mg
Calcium 25 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register