One chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice, 2 tablespoons sauce
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter-olive oil blend spread
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Slice shallots and mushrooms; chop parsley.
- Coat chicken with flour. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken over once. Remove chicken from skillet, cover, and keep warm.
- Sauté shallots, mushrooms and 4 tablespoons parsley in butter-olive oil blend over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce and vegetables over chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of cooked white rice.
- Substitute 1/2 cup pasta with garlic and olive oil for rice if desired.
- If another wine is substituted, this dish becomes Chicken with Wine, as it will no longer have the distinct flavor provided by the Marsala wine.
- This recipe is suitable for those on a lower protein diet if the portion of chicken is decreased to match their meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Michelle from New York.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 32 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 145 mg
Potassium 480 mg
Phosphorus 300 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register