3 ounces grilled chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, diced large
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- Blend olive oil, vinegar, onion, garlic and spices in a blender or food processor to make the marinade.
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2" cubes and place into a zip-top bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place cubed chicken on skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning as needed, until meat is cooked through.
- Try this recipe with a combination of chicken breast and thigh meat, or substitute chicken with beef, pork or lamb, if desired.
- Food safety guidelines recommend cooking chicken to an internal temperature of 180° F.
- Adjust portion size according to your meal plan for a higher- or lower-protein diet.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Potassium 265 mg
Phosphorus 179 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jennifer from Wisconsin.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register