Crispy Asian-Lime Chicken Strips
6 chicken strips
- 1 pound raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Asian stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make chicken strips, cut chicken breast into horizontal strips 4-inches long by 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, mix stir-fry sauce, lime juice, honey and black pepper.
- Add chicken strips and toss until coated.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated.
- Put chicken in a baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until browned.
- Serve with rice, salad and fruit. Enjoy!
- Cut chicken strips about the same size for even cooking. For convenience you can purchase chicken pre-cut into strips. They are usually labeled as chicken fingers, chicken strips or chicken tenders.
- Panko bread crumbs are Japanese-style bread crumbs made from white bread without the crust and processed into flakes instead of crumbs. Panko absorbs less fat and is lower in sodium compared to standard bread crumbs.
- Compare stir-fry sauce brands and choose the one lowest in sodium. You can substitute teriyaki sauce if stir-fry sauce is unavailable, but sodium content may be higher.
- Adjust the portion if you need more or less protein.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mori from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Potassium 232 mg
Phosphorus 192 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register