- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 4 pounds whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash chicken and remove the inside giblets if they are included.
- In a small bowl combine seasoning blend, pepper and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle half the seasonings inside the chicken. Rub the remaining seasoning on the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast-side-up in an oval crock-pot or neck-up in a round crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from bones and discard the skin.
- No liquid or fat needs to be added. Chicken will make its own liquid/broth.
- Use the chicken in recipes that call for cooked chicken, or to make chicken salad or chicken soup.
- Make chicken broth with the bones and skin.
- To make chicken soup, add egg noodles, low sodium broth, carrot shreds and celery to diced chicken and broth.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion to match your meal plan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Potassium 197 mg
Phosphorus 158 mg
Calcium 12 mg
Fiber 0 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Chrystal from Tennessee.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register