Crock Pot® Roasted Lemon Chicken
1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, bone-in, with skin
- 13 ounces canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add garlic and oregano.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on all sides.
- Place chicken in Crock-Pot and add chicken broth.
- Cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add lemon juice during last hour of cooking.
- Complete this meal with a serving or rice, green beans, French bread, margarine or butter and a baked apple for dessert.
- Use leftover chicken breasts in a chicken salad or sandwich for lunch the next day.
- Look for reduced-sodium broth containing 500 milligrams sodium or less per 1-cup serving Recommended brands include Health Valley® No Salt, Fat Free Chicken Broth (1-800-423-4846), Kitchen Basics® Natural Chicken Stock and Swanson® 50% Less Sodium Chicken Broth. Low-sodium broth is also a good choice. It contains less than 140 milligrams sodium per cup. Avoid low-sodium broth that contains potassium chloride—it’s very high in potassium
- If you are on a protein-restricted diet, ask your dietitian for advice on the correct portion size for your individual diet.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Deanna from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 143 mg
Potassium 137 mg
Phosphorus 184 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register