3 ounces chicken plus 2/3 cup cooked rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium lemons
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish
Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt.
Cut one lemon into 6 wedges to use as garnish. Cut the other 4 lemons in half.
Cut chicken into finger-like slices; season with Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl beat the egg and water until combined.
Dip chicken in eggs and then in flour. Make sure you cover both sides with flour.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Sauté chicken in the pan until golden brown on both sides. If desired, sauté with lemon wedges for flavor and garnish. Be careful not to over cook chicken.
Squeeze the 6 lemon halves onto chicken throughout sautéing.
Right before removing chicken from pan, squeeze last drops of lemon juice onto chicken.
Take chicken out of pan. Blot excess oil from chicken with paper towels to keep it crispy.
Divide chicken into 6 servings and place each serving on top of 2/3 cup of white rice.
Garnish chicken and rice with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
- If desired, omit salt and pepper and increase Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning to 2 teaspoons.
- When removing chicken from frying pan, remove any lemon seeds that may have dropped onto the chicken pieces.
- If desired, juice the lemon halves and sprinkle the juice over chicken while sautéing.
- Use any type of plain white rice. If desired, add an extra tablespoon of parsley to rice after cooking.
- Weight of chicken portion includes breading; yield is approximately 2 ounces chicken. Adjust portion to match your meal plan based on your protein needs.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 39 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 144 mg
Potassium 234 mg
Phosphorus 201 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
Submitted by: Recipe created by Phyllis, mother-in-law of DaVita renal dietitian Dee in Nevada.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register