Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken
3 ounces chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a small bowl combine marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in zipper-type plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour; longer for more flavor.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, and place on grill. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Cook chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done (internal temperature 170° F using a meat thermometer).
- Nutrient analysis is adjusted for estimated 25% absorption of the marinade. To view nutrient analysis of marinade only see Marinade for Grilled Chicken.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Dawn from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Potassium 196 mg
Phosphorus 172 mg
Calcium 12 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register