Fabulous Chicken Marsala
3 ounces chicken, 1 cup pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 6 sprigs Italian parsley for garnish
- 12 ounces dry fettuccini
- Sprinkle pepper on cut chicken.
- Cut chincken into medium-sized pieces.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until just brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; continue to sauté until onions are tender.
- Add wine and simmer until juices are reduced by half. Stir in mustard.
- Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. (If sauce is too thick, add 1/2-cup water or more until desired consistency is achieved.)
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Make fettuccini according to package directions, but without salt. Serve one cup fettuccini with each chicken breast and garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Use refrigerated or homemade fettuccini if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Dee from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 35 g
Carbohydrates 53 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 228 mg
Potassium 449 mg
Phosphorus 313 mg
Calcium 50 mg
Fiber 3.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 3 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register