Grilled Pineapple Chicken
1 chicken breast
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/4 pound skinless, chicken breast, bone-in
- 4 pineapple rings
- Place all ingredients except pineapple into a zip-lock style bag.
- Refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Place marinated chicken on a barbecue grill or indoor grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Discard unused marinade.
- During the last few minutes, place pineapple on grill top for 2 minutes each side to heat. Serve on top of each chicken breast.
- Grilling is the preferred method of cooking. This recipe is not as tasty if chicken is baked in the oven.
- Cooking sherry and cooking wine are high in sodium. Do not substitute for the dry sherry in this recipe.
- This recipe may be included in a lower protein diet, but a smaller portion may be required. Check with your dietitian for assistance.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Laura from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Potassium 376 mg
Phosphorus 198 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register