1 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine lemon juice, chicken broth, olive oil, oregano and bay leaf in a glass dish or zip lock bag.
- Add chicken breasts, turn to coat, and marinate 2 hours.
- Broil or grill 4-5 inches from heat source for 5-6 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Look for reduced sodium broth containing less than 500 milligrams sodium per 1 cup serving. Avoid low sodium broth that contains potassium chloride—it’s very high in potassium. Recommended brands include Health Valley No Salt, Fat Free Chicken Broth (800-423-4846), Kitchen Basics Natural Chicken Stock, and Swanson 50% Less Sodium Chicken Broth.
- If you are on a lower protein diet adjust the portion to match your meal plan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 91 mg
Potassium 246 mg
Phosphorus 193 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
Submitted by: DaVita patient Peggy from Missouri.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register