Lisa's Yummy Turkey Burgers
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Split turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties.
- Cook in a heated nonstick skillet prepared with nonstick cooking spray or on a grill. Patties are done when the internal temperature reads 165° F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve burgers on a bun, roll, or over salad or coleslaw (not included in nutrient analysis).
- If you don’t like the spicy heat substitute black pepper for the crushed red pepper.
- For a lower protein diet divide turkey mixture into 6 or 8 patties.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lisa from New York.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 130 mg
Sodium 112 mg
Potassium 311 mg
Phosphorus 271 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register