Pan-smoked Chicken Breast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- Combined the spices to make a rub mix.
- Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry, and brush lightly with oil.
- Rub the chicken breasts with spice rub mix.
- Refrigerate the chicken breast for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- To set up a smoke-roasting pan, place hardwood chips in a disposable foil pan and set a rack on top. Heat the pan over stovetop burner on medium-high until the smoke appears. Place the marinated chicken breasts on the rack and cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and smoke the chicken breast for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking pan and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and Stir-Fry Vegetables from DaVita.com.
- Select chicken breasts that weigh approximately 4 ounces each uncooked.
- Adjust the portion to match your meal plan if you are on a lower or higher protein diet.
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita intern Anh and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Anna from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Potassium 250 mg
Phosphorus 200 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register