- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Adobo Seasoning (see DaVita.com recipe)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Guava BBQ Sauce (see DaVita.com recipe)
- 8 metal or bamboo skewers
- Dice chicken thighs into 2-inch bite-sized pieces. If using bamboos skewers, soak in water for 1/2 hour to prevent burning.
- Mix together the Adobo Seasoning, oregano, vinegar, olive oil and bay leaves and put in a zip top bag.
- Add chicken to the marinade. Place in the refrigerator to for at least a half hour to overnight.
- Heat the grill and oil the grates when hot.
- Thread the chicken on skewers and place on the hot grill. Sear for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Baste the pinchos with Guava Barbecue Sauce or other low sodium barbecue sauce and cook for about 4 more minutes.
- Keep the chicken pieces about the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Find the Guava Barbecue Sauce and additional low-sodium barbecue sauce recipes on DaVita.com.
- Make your own lower sodium Adobe Seasoning with the DaVita.com recipe.
- Adjust the portion of chicken to match your meal plan if you are on a lower protein diet.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 107 mg
Sodium 118 mg
Potassium 295 mg
Phosphorus 214 mg
Calcium 20 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Added Sugar 18 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Nicole from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register