Roasted Rosemary Chicken and Vegetables
1 piece chicken and 3/4 cup vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrots
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 large red onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Slice the zucchini 1/2" thick; slice the carrot and bell pepper 1/4" thick; cut onion into 1/2" wedges; crush garlic cloves.
- Combine the zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic and oil in a 13" x 9" roasting pan. Season the mixture with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, lift up the skin from the chicken breasts and rub the flesh with black pepper and crumbled rosemary. Replace the skin, and then season the chicken all over with additional pepper and rosemary, as desired.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, and place the chicken, skin sides up, on top of the vegetables. Return to the oven and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender (about 35 minutes).
- If additional flavor is desired, you may also use Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend or herbed poultry seasoning for the chicken rub.
- Goes well with a side of rice or bread.
- Chicken should be cooked through until juices run clear when cut into or a temperature of 165° F is reached.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, reduce the chicken portion to match your meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sarah from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 107 mg
Potassium 580 mg
Phosphorus 250 mg
Calcium 65 mg
Fiber 3.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register