Shake and Bake Chicken Extravaganza
1 piece of chicken (3 ounces without bone)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 cups dry fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken pieces, bone-in
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease baking sheet with vegetable oil (can use parchment paper or silpat sheet) and set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, flour, parsley, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, marjoram and thyme. Stir to mix evenly.
- Add oil to bread crumb mixture and stir with a fork to blend completely.
- Store in airtight container in cool, dry place or store in freezer.
- To prepare chicken: Rinse chicken with water and leave chicken pieces moist with water while shaking off excess liquid.
- Pour 1 cup of bread crumb mixture into a clean plastic food storage bag. Add 1 to 2 pieces of chicken at a time to bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Turn once, after 20 minutes.
- This recipe makes enough coating mix for 3 meals. Store the remaining mixture in a sealed container or freezer bag and freeze until ready to use again.
- To homemade dry breadcrumbs, toast day old bread until crisp but not burned. Crush in a blender or food processor.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mary from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 124 mg
Potassium 217 mg
Phosphorus 157 mg
Calcium 43 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register