Slow Cooker Catalina Cranberry Chicken
3 ounces chicken, 3 tablespoons sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 10 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup Catalina dressing
Remove chicken from the bones and skin. Shred then place in a slow cooker.
Pour the dressing and cranberry sauce over the chicken and stir to combine.
Cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- An average rotisserie chicken has approximately 3 cups of meat.
- Look for minimally seasoned rotisserie chicken for a lower sodium content.
- To reduce sodium replace rotisserie chicken with uncooked chicken pieces. Add ingredients and cook in the crockpot for 6 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high.
- Compare dressing brands and select the one lowest in sodium.
- Serve chicken over rice if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jenifer feom Washington
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 357 mg
Potassium 237 mg
Phosphorus 177 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register